Release note Software version 5.12.x.x
SW 5.12.0 Release Notes
- UR Software Update: 5.12.0
- URCap Software Platform:
- URCap API: 1.13.0 (no change)
- URCap SDK: 1.13.0 (no change)
- URSim Linux: 5.12.0
- URSim Virtual Machine: 5.12.0
- User Manuals: 5.12.0
- Support Log Reader: 3.13.33
This software release introduces the fail-safe communications interface, PROFIsafe.
The PROFIsafe interface allows robot to exchange messages with a Safety PLC regarding stops, operating mode, and other conditions.
PROFIsafe is available as a licensed software feature. A license must be purchased from an authorized distributor, then activated in the myUR portal for a specific robot serial number. Part number for a PROFIsafe license is: 000201. PROFIsafe is compatible with all e-Series robots running PolyScope 5.12 and above, regardless of age.
|The following fail-safe signals can be asserted or read by the Safety PLC|
PLC to Robot
Robot to PLC
Refer to the User Manual for further details.
A technical guide is available at our Support Site (https://www.universal-robots.com/articles/ur/interface-communication/profisafe-technical-guide-for-e-series/).
This release introduces a new Safety installation screen for configuring the robot to use PROFIsafe to communicate with a safety PLC.
On this screen, a source address and destination address can be specified. These addresses are used by the robot and the safety PLC to identify each other. There is also an option to enable PROFIsafe PLC control of the robot Operational Mode.
Note: PROFIsafe is only available on robots with enabling license, which could be obtained by contacting a local sales representative. Once obtained, the PROFIsafe license can be downloaded on myUR.
PROFINET network changes
Note: When PROFINET/PROFISafe is enabled, the PROFINET controller (PLC) will control the configuration of the robot's network settings. This means that the network settings cannot be changed in PolyScope while PROFINET is enabled.
This change is implemented to conform with the PROFINET standard.
The Safety Checksum now consists of eight characters (letters/digits) instead of the previous four characters. Note that the eight character checksum is read left to right, top row first (whereas the four character checksum is read from top to bottom and left to right).
This change does not affect installations from previous PolyScope versions. After loading an old installation, the Safety Checksum will still be shown using the previous four character format. The new checksum format is only used for new installations or after applying changes to the safety configuration of an old installation.
The Robot Registration Settings screen has been renamed to Licenses.
The text on the screen now refers to activating software licenses for the robot (instead of robot registration) and using the myUR Customer Portal for registering robots and downloading a license file.
The Remote TCP & Toolpath URCap can still be activated using the www.universal-robots.com/activate URL. Note that using this URL, it is only possible to activate the Remote TCP & Toolpath URCap.
- The Robot Moving safety output is not set active (the signal is active low) when the robot is off. In earlier versions the "Robot Moving" safety output was set to active when the robot was not in running (powered off).
- Fixed issue where changing the position of a linked waypoint would update the position of all linked waypoints to the same absolute position not taking the feature selection of their parent "Move" node into account
- Fixed issue where the "The program has not been saved. Do you want to save your changes?" or "Unsaved Installation Changes" dialog was not shown before restarting PolyScope when the program or installation had unsaved changes and the Restart button was pressed in the URCaps Settings screen (after installing/uninstalling a URCap).
- Fixed issue where PolyScope would freeze if the Operational Mode was changed while dragging the speed slider in Manual High Speed mode.
- Fixed issue where a compilation error in some situations could occur with a large program if the Play button was pressed two times quickly.
- Reduced the memory overhead of secondary programs, fixing some cases of "No Controller" errors. Particularly those related to URCaps retrying to send a secondary program.
- Changed semantics for Robot Moving safety output so it isn't active when the robot is off or when the robot is in IDLE and not moving.
- Fixed drift in Conveyor tracking/Path offsetting when a program has "wait" after blended waypoints.
- Corrected wrong handling of rotations during conveyor tracking/path offsetting.
- Fixed issue with braking from conveyor tracking/path offsetting when pausing or stopping in case speed scale is <100%
- Fixed issue where during interpreter mode the skipbuffer method in some conditions can cause an "Unknown error: ValueStack::pop"
- Fixed issue the where race condition occurs while multiple threads are used in XMLRPC client
- Fixed a memory leak, usually causing a no controller. The problem could be recognized from the following text in the controller log: "Global variables update lost. Queue full."
- Fixed issue where the PolyScope help was only available for one robot type.
- Analog Outputs now work in URSim.
- Changed monitoring and reporting from IO supply on SCB to provide better information on how to resolve issues.
- Fixed issue where the tool would report a missing F/T sensor, even though the sensor worked as required
Starting from this release the end-user warranty is no longer part of the User Manual. It is included in the user contract.
previous RELEASE NOTES:
- Release Notes Software Version 5.11
- Release Notes Software Version 5.10
- Release Notes Software Version 5.9
- Release Notes Software Version 5.8
- Release Notes Software Version 5.7
- Release Notes Software Version 5.6
- Release Notes Software Version 5.5
- Release Notes Software Version 5.4
- Release Notes Software Version 5.3
- Release Notes Software Version 5.2
- Release Notes Software Version 5.1