Cognex In-Sight 2D Robot Guidance
The Cognex In-Sight 2D Robot Guidance plugin greatly simplifies the communication, hand eye calibration, and vision guided robotics development between a UR robot and Cognex 2D Vision System.
Take advantage of Cognex’s world class vision tools for any robot application. The system can be used to guide the robot to specific coordinates, inspect the part after manipulation, and output valuable data for downstream analysis.
- Greatly simplifies two of the main challenges in vision guide robotics – establishing communication between the systems and performing the hand eye calibration.
- Intuitive UR Cap interface guides the user through the procedure.
- The solution is fully integrated into Cognex In-Sight Explorer, allowing user access to the most powerful and robust vision tools in the industry.
How does it work?Simply download the Cognex In-Sight 2D Robot Guidance URCap from Cognex.com/URCaps and install on your universal robot. The UR caps interface will provide feedback when the camera and robot have established communication. The UR caps interface will then guide the user to perform the steps required for a hand eye calibration between the robot and the camera. A calibration file will automatically be saved in In-Sight Explorer, and can be re-used across jobs as long as the camera mount and robot mount are not disrupted.
- UR3, UR5, UR10
- UR3e, UR5e, UR10e
- CB2, CB3.0, CB3.1
Software version required:
PolyScope 3.5.1 or higher
Compatible with Cognex In-Sight 7000 and 8000 Series Vision Systems.
- In-Sight 7000 – 77 mm x 97 mm x 90 mm
- In-Sight 8000 - 31 mm x 31.2 mm x 75.1 mm
What´s in the box?
- User Guide
- UR Caps Plug In
One-time purchase of In-Sight 7000 Series or In-Sight 8000 Series Vision System
UR+ plugin available free for download