OPC UA Client/Server
Enabling OPC UA for Universal Robots
Release the Industry 4.0 potential of your UR robot with the OPC UA URCap. It enables the UR line of robots to connect to other OPC UA compatible devices and software using the world's most popular standards-based data connectivity method. You can now control and connect data from the robot to the factory control center. It is fully customizable to your needs and can be configured in both server and client mode.
- Fully customizable to your needs
- Makes any available UR parameters accessible
- Easy to set up integrations to OPC UA-compliant control room applications
- Easy to integrate into business and other systems that are OPC UA compliant
- Enables the robot to receive and interpret variables from different OPC UA sources
- Enables smart manufacturing with UR
- Reduces the communication complexity between devices and machinery
How does it work?
- The OPC UA implementation on application level can act as both server and client. Configure it based on your requirements.
- It translates data in the UR robot program into OPC UA data and sends it over the network to the desired OPC UA Server/Client.
- It can receive data over the network from other OPC UA Servers and translate it into variables in the UR robot program.
- Lets you securely set up connections between the robot and network through standard OPC UA authentication and certificates.
- It is compatible with both CB3- and e-Series!
Includes a URCap plugin:
UR3e, UR5e, UR10e, UR16e
UR3, UR5, UR10 (CB3.1, C3.0)
CB-series: Polyscope version 3.8 or higher.
E-series: Polyscope version 5.2 or higher.
Network connection to other OPC UA enabled software or hardware such as MES, Plc, HMI, M2M etc.
Certifications and standard:
open62541 open source OPC UA implementation with the security policies ‘Basic128Rsa15’, ‘Basic256’ and ‘Basic256Sha256’
What is in the box:
OPC UA URCap