Hand-E’s high accuracy and 50-mm parallel stroke make it perfect for precision assembly tasks, while its sealed design ensures reliability in the toughest manufacturing conditions—including CNC machining. Hand-E’s design adheres to ISO/TS 15066 standard best practices, with adjustable force, rounded edges, self-locking functionalities, and other features making it the gripper for collaborative robots.
Robotiq’s Hand-E Gripper is simple to integrate in your production environment and easy for workers of all skill levels to use—no robotics experience required. Install your adaptive gripper in just a few minutes, thanks to our Plug + Play gripper kits, then use our intuitive software interface to program directly on your robot’s touchscreen.
Built for collaborative robots
- 50-mm stroke gripper model is suited to collaborative robots
- Stroke can be adjusted with different accessories (sold separately)
- Integrates seamlessly with Robotiq’s Wrist Camera and FT 300 Force Torque Sensor
- Ergonomic shape for hand-guiding
Easy to program
- Intuitive interface for quick onboarding and use
- No training required
- Automatic part detection, position feedback, and part validation
Designed for industrial needs
- Precise and durable
- High force and increased payload
- Withstands harsh manufacturing conditions, rated IP67
- Stroke 50 mm 2.0 in.
- Grip force 20N to 185 N and 4.5 lbf to 41 lbf
- Form-fit grip payload 5 kg 11 lb
- Friction grip payload 4.7 kg 8.8 lb
How does it work?
The Hand-E Gripper offers Plug + Produce integration with all Universal Robots models. You have full control: adjust position, speed, and force for a perfect grip every time.
Hand-E offers seamless integration with Robotiq Plug + Play products. Add the Robotiq Wrist Camera to grant vision to your robot and locate workpieces, trays, or machines. When vision isn't enough, our Copilot suite opens up new possibilities for many different applications like machine tending, surface finishing, assembly etc.
Looking to take your cycle time down a notch? Add another gripper with the dual bracket! The bracket lets you pair two end effectors, like an EPick vacuum gripper and a Hand-E, to expand your robotic cell's capabilities.
Software version requiredCB-Series: Polyscope version 3.7+
e-Series: Polyscope version 5.1+
If using an older version of Polyscope, contact Robotiq support.
DependenciesNo dependencies. Hand-E integrates seamlessly with the Robotiq FT 300 Force Torque Sensor and Wrist Camera, and simplifies cable management in the process.
Certifications and standardsMeets the applicable basic requirements of Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC (CE). Robotiq Hand-E helps facilitate and speed up the risk assessment process needed to comply with ISO/TS 15066. Robotiq Hand-E has been evaluated as partly completed machinery in accordance with EN ISO 12100:2010
Complies with the following European Directives and harmonised standards:
2014/30/EU (EMC Directive)
○ EN 61000-6-2:2016 (Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) - Part 6-2: Generic standards - Immunity standard for industrial environments)
○ EN 61000-6-4:2007 + A1:2011 (Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) - Generic standards - Emission standard for industrial environments)
2011/65/EU + 2015/863 (RoHS Directive)
○ EN 50581:2012
2012/19/EU (WEEE Directive)
- EN 50419:2005.
Complies with the following technical standards:
ISO 14539:2000 (Manipulating industrial robots - Object handling with grasp-type grippers - Vocabulary and presentation of characteristics)
ISO 9409-1:2004 (Manipulating industrial robots — Mechanical interfaces — Part 1: Plates)
The hand-E gripper is IP67 certified
Height: 112mm (no fingertips)
Height: 157mm (with fingertips)
Height: 4.41 in. (no fingertips)
Height: 6.18 in. (with fingertips)
Diameter: 2.95 in.
What's in the box?The Hand-E Gripper Kit for UR includes:
- Quick Start Guide
- Hand-E Gripper
- Fingertip starter kit
- Coupling for installation on a UR robot
- Power and communication cable with USB adapter (for CB series)
- Necessary hardware
- USB stick for installing the URCap (download from support.robotiq.com)
License typeOne-time purchase.
Free URCap software.
Free URCap updates.
Robotiq Vacuum Grippers can handle a wide range of applications Accordingly, they are ideal for picking up even as well as uneven workpieces made of different materials such as cardboard, glass, dry s…