Vectis Cobot Welding Tool
The Vectis Cobot Welding Tool helps manufacturers boost productivity amid the shortage of skilled labor by reducing the learning curve, setup time, risk, and cost of robotic welding. Powered by a Universal Robots UR10e collaborative robot, the Vectis Cobot Welding Tool is portable, safe, versatile, and extremely easy-to-use. Most users are setup and welding within a few hours of arrival – with no programming experience necessary. Our DIY install, setup, and Let’s Weld TogetherTM intuitive programming interface save you valuable time and money, as there’s no need to fly to our facility for training nor pay a tech to come on-site.
The system is fully integrated onto a 3ft x 6ft mobile modular fixturing cart so you can bring the cobot to the work, or the work to the cobot – whatever is best for your shop’s flow. No anchoring nor dedicated footprint required. Don’t have 480V or three-phase power? No problem, the cobot runs off a 120V wall outlet and the welder can run on anything between 208V and 575V – including 240V single phase.
Our 30-day return policy, rent-to-own program, and fast lead times provide you with peace-of-mind to quickly start automating simple, repetitive parts – freeing up your manual welders for more complex weldments or other value-add tasks.
Let’s start the conversation about automating your welding. We always begin by taking an in-depth look at your application(s) to make sure they are a good fit for automation.
- Simple DIY programming and setup. Most customers are in production on their own within hours of system arrival.
- Extreme ease-of-use powered by Vectis' UR CAP. No coding or programming experience necessary
- Mobile cart and safe collaborative robot arm = portability and versatility
- No dedicated footprint or anchoring. 3ft x 6ft footprint. No 480V or 3Ph requirement.
- Vectis' UR CAP and controls package allows for weld parameter control on the pendant and weaving capbility.
- Low all-in cost that includes shipping
- Great for repetitive small/medium parts that your welders hate doing (brackets, subassemblies, piece parts)
- Peace-of-mind with our 30-day return policy, rent-to-own options, and lifetime technical support
- Get into production rapidly with our 4 week lead time and quick DIY setup.
How does it work?The Vectis Cobot Welding Tool is a fully integrated ready-to-weld system. The entire system is packaged on a portable modular fixturing cart, with the UR10e or UR5e mounted and electrically isolated to the tabletop surface. The robust and straightforward air-cooled torch is mounted to the robot flange along with a pushbutton that allows you to easily enable Freedrive mode. The welder, wirefeeder, and UR cabinet are safely housed underneath the tabletop surface. The system has a controls interface between the UR cabinet and the welding equipment to control voltage/trim, wirefeed speed, crater fill, preflow, postflow, and supervisory signals. Vectis' UR CAP developed in-house allows non-programmers to quickly and easily program welds, tacks, circles, and compound paths with a simple programming interface. The UR CAP also incorprates key features for welding such as weaving (cross or in-line), arc supervision, error handling, weld library management, and TCP calculation - with more easy-to-use features continually being developed.
Software version requiredPolyscope 5.4 or above.
DependenciesNo dependencies that aren't already included in the product package. They will need welding shielding gas and input power (208V 3Ph, 240V 1Ph, 480V 3Ph, or 575V 3Ph) to the welder to run the system.
Certifications and standardsNot at this time. Working on CSA marking and UL marking.
DimensionsThe fully mobile system-on-a-cart is 3ft wide x 6ft long.
What's in the box?It is a "Ready to Weld" integrated application kit:
- Miller Invision 352 MPa welder
- Miller wirefeeder adapted for cobot use
- Air-cooled welding torch
- Mobile cart with 30" x 48" fixturing surface and 66pcs of starter fixturing
- Op panel
- Our proprietary Let's Weld Together software to make programming quick and easy
License typeOne-time purchase