Q-Span™ Workstation Kit
AUTOMATE DIGITAL CALIPER MEASUREMENTS, DATA LOGGING AND PART HANDLING
The Q-Span™ Workstation Kit for UR3e cobots is a flexible solution for QC measurement inspection.
Automatically pick small parts, measure multiple features on each, and decide where to place the parts based on any measured dimension (for example pass, fail, or sort into bins by dimension ranges).
You can also record all measured data to your PC for statistical analysis. Your QC team will improve small-part measurement consistency and repeatability, eliminate data entry errors, and spend their time on higher-value tasks.
- Improve precision, yield and quality in measurements of small parts
- Measurement resolution of 2.5 µm (0.0001 inches)
- Increase production capacity faster than headcount
- Boost employee engagement and job satisfaction while reducing risk of repetitive stress injuries
- Install quickly with minimal changes to existing facilities and process flow
- Fast part changeover for agile automation
- ROI in less than 10 months
How does it work?Install the three precision gripper/caliper tools on your UR3e cobot using the multi-tool mount. Install the standard metrology fingertips. Use the URCap to build QC measurement processes: pick a small part from an input tray, place it on the measurement fixture, measure multiple dimensions, and place the part in an output tray or bin.
The kit includes a cable and software for logging measurement data to a PC. The flexible workstation table lets you easily position the system into existing workspaces.
Use the Q-Span Workstation Kit with your UR3e e-Series robot as a starting point for automating measurements of your specific parts. Once you have developed the Q-Span Workstation for your first part, you can easily expand its use to additional parts and change over between parts in minutes.
Software version requiredPolyscope e-Series 5.3 or higher
Certifications and standardsCE, RoHS
What's in the box?
- Three (3) NSR-PG gripper/calipers
- Standard metrology fingertips set
- NSR MTM Multi-Tool Mount
- "Example part" accessory set including example part(s) with matching trays (parts-in, parts-passed, parts-rejected) and measurement fixture
- Zero-reference fixture including gage block (NIST traceable artifact)
- Workstation table
- NSR Devices URCap with sample scripts for the example part, demonstrating how to grasp and move parts, measure dimensions, make decisions and log data.
- A cable and software for logging data to your PC
- Documentation and videos for installation and operation
- ROBOT not included.
License typeOne-time purchase