piCOBOT Vacuum Gripper
piCOBOT is compressed air driven vacuum gripper designed to act as a flexible co-worker in a variety of production, packaging or assembly lines. Adaptable, powerful and light-weight, it really offers the ideal extra “pair of hands”.
Our gripping and moving solutions help thousands of customers in a wide range of industries globally, to improve energy-efficiency, productivity and working environments. Ergonomic, safe and adaptable, our user-friendly solution promises to increase productivity while reducing the risk of injury to your team.
- Up to 7 kg payload.
- Compact design with low building height
- High vacuum flow suitable for porous materials
- Intelligent Energy Saving technology both in grip and release of the payload
- Low weight to maximize payload capacity
- Dual gripping functionality
- Optional Normally Open configuration for enhanced safety
- Adjustable Gripper with piSAVE® sense technology
- Adjustable Gripper arms can be positioned to match a wide range of work pieces.
- Built in vacuum sensor for reliable grip.
- Configurable suction cups using G1/4” thread.
- Install, program and start operation within 15 minutes.
- Easy to use built-in settings and operations instructions in the URCap
- Selectable Automatic TCP settings
How does it work?
The piCOBOT consists of a COAX® ejector unit and the Adjustable Gripper with the option that latter can be replaced by a single suction cup. The piCOBOT ejector unit generates vacuum utilizing COAX® vacuum ejection technology.
The smart features embedded inside the piCOBOT is controlled directly from the robot’s tool connector, through the included URCap. To reduce power consumption, piCOBOT utilizes its built-in vacuum sensor onboard logics and valves to provide live feedback to ensure excellent grip & release. piCOBOT URCap in combination with the embedded intelligence in the piCOBOT allows for a true plug & Play installation reducing the start-up time to a minimum. The Adjustable Gripper accommodating two suction cups, attachable to the piCOBOT is designed to adapt to different grip width and topography as the suction cups can be tilted individually. It has two integrated piSAVE® sense (flow control valves) allowing for single pick and double pick respectively.
Software version requiredCB PolyScope ≥ 3.6.
e-series PolyScope ≥5.0
Certifications and standards
- 2006/42/EG Machinery Directive
- 2014/30/EU Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC)
- EN 61000-6-3 / EN 61000-6-4 Electromagnetic Compatibility - Emission
- EN 61000-6-1 / EN 61000-6-2 4 Electromagnetic Compatibility - Immunity
- EN ISO 9409-1 Industrial robots – mechanical interfaces
- piCOBOT : Ø93 x 74
(Ø3.66” x 2.91” inch)
- Adjustable Gripper: 174 x 72 x 38 mm ( 6.85” x 2.82” x 1.48” inch)
What's in the box?
piCOBOT complete kit (full configuration):
- piCOBOT ejector unit
- Adjustable Gripper
- Suction cups (8x)
- M8 Connection Cable
- Vacuum hose
- USB dongle containing piCOBOT URCap
- Velcro straps for Compressed air tube (3x)
License typeone-time purchase