Communication & Toolkit Software Library
This software library allows your application to communicate with any UR cobot. Several cross-platform libraries are provided so you can develop in your preferred language: .NET (C# or VB), Python, LabView or Matlab.
Your application will be able to connect and synchronize with the robot as well as remote control it without installing anything on the controller. Additionally, offline functions are provided to edit program files or convert position types.
- 30-day trial period
- Library developed for .NET and Python
- For .NET: A 100% managed assembly (UnderAutomation.UniversalRobots.dll) without dependencies in the version of your choice: .NET Framework, .NET Core, .NET Standard, .NET 5.0, ...
- Compatible with Windows, Linux and MacOS in any architecture : x64, x86, ARM, ARM64
- For Python: A documented library compatible with Python 3.5 and above for Windows and Linux
- For LabView, Matlab, Unity, ... : These tools are natively compatible with .NET
- Many TCP/IP network protocols are implemented:
- RTDE (Real-Time Data Exchange) : Fast and bidirectional data exchange up to 500hz between your application and the robot (position, registers, inputs and outputs, ...)
- Primary Interface: Send script to the robot and receive data (arm status, program status, installation and program variables, ...)
- Dashboard Server: Remote control the robot (power on and off, release break, start / stop / pause program, ...)
- Socket communication: Allows the robot to exchange a custom data stream with your application
- XML-RPC: Your application can be an XML-RPC server and thus respond to complex requests from your robot program
- SSH and SFTP: Send linux commands to the robot and manipulate files inside controller, like programs (upload, download, list, move, rename, ...)
- Functions to convert position types (rotation vector, RPY)
- Set of functions to open, create or edit native program (*.urp) and installation (*.installation) files
- Documentation and samples are provided in all languages
This library implements the following native protocols provided by default on all UR robots: RTDE, Primary Interface, Dashboard Server, Socket, XML-RPC, SSH and SFTP.
It opens TCP/IP sockets for you to communicate with the robot. The network frames are decoded to provide high level objects and functions. It adapts to all firmware versions and all robot generations in a seamless way for the developer.
The library is available for all .NET platforms and as a Python library.
includes a urcapNo
Software version required: Compatible with all Polyscope versions and all Firwmware versions
What's in the box?The software license key is delivered by email.
License type:One-time purchase: The purchase of one license allows your company's site (postal address) to develop in any language (.NET, Python, ...) and distribute an unlimited number of software to an unlimited number of your customers without royalties or recurring fees (see EULA)