Piab's Kenos® KCS gripper enables a collaborative robot (cobot) that can handle just about anything, anywhere, at any time. This makes it the ideal ”co-working” tool, especially for small businesses, where flexibility is essential. Originally developed together with a leading cobot manufacturer as a tailor-made automation tool for one customer, the resulting vacuum gripper cobot proved so successful that Piab decided to offer it more widely.
- Low weight will save payload capacity for objects being handled. Low weight can also be used to increase the reach of the cobot arm and open it up for more application flexibility.
- High vacuum performance ejector technology guarantees a minimum of energy usage vs output. The "green choice".
Dust tolerant COAX® SX Cartridges increase reliability and reduce need for maintenance.
- Attractive price point vs. other tailored made cobot grippers and in comparison, with what it can perform.
Reliable and efficient silencer technology creates a pleasant working environment around the KCS for humans.
Smoot and edgeless design free from protruding parts eliminates the risk for injuries if the cobot gripper hits a human.
- A quick connect system for the gripper section, based on "twist and lock" principle, makes it very easy to change that unit from the pump unit. It is done in a in a split second. Customers can change between different types of grippers to suit the job that the cobot shall perform and keep the pump units mounted on the cobot arm.
All spare/wear parts are easy accessible and easy to change
Thanks to advanced foam and flow control technologies in combination with efficient and powerful COAX® SX cartridges, KCS has an excellent ability to safely grip virtually anything inside its lifting force capability. This is a key benefit with KCS versus other cobot grippers, vacuum based or mechanical grippers.
Software version requiredCB PolyScope ≥ 3.6.
e-series PolyScope ≥5.0
DimensionsThe dimensions is depending on the configuration of the foam size and thickness
W 110, D 110, H 147 – 167 (depending on the foam thickness) or W 150, D 150, H 142 – 162 (depending on the foam thickness)
Certifications and standards
- 2006/42/EG Machinery Directive
- 2014/30/EU Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC)
- EN 61000-6-3 / EN 61000-6-4 Electromagnetic Compatibility - Emission
- EN 61000-6-1 / EN 61000-6-2 4 Electromagnetic Compatibility - Immunity
- EN ISO 9409-1 Industrial robots – mechanical interfaces
What's in the box?KCS complete kit:
- KCS gripper
- M8 connecting cable
- Vacuum hose
- USB dongle containing KCS URCap
- Velcro straps for Compressed air tube (3x)
License typeOne-time purchase