Why manual palletizing is no longer good enough
You need your products to arrive to your customers fast. You rely on your people to efficiently pack them onto pallets for shipment. You want to maximize the amount of product in the load while keeping it stable enough to prevent product damage. Yet, no matter how well you plan your manual palletizing tasks, you always face (un)expected challenges. Automating palletizing tasks is a great way to solve these challenges.
One of the biggest risks associated with manual palletizing is that of injury. Workers bend, lift and twist for hours on end. Over time, these unergonomic tasks can cause strain injuries and endanger the workers’ health. When automating your palletizing tasks, you relieve workers from the heavy lifting and improve their overall well-being.
Running a business today is a constant balancing act between taking advantage of opportunities when they arise, keeping your customers satisfied, and maintaining a happy workforce. Cobots can work for longer than human employees while maintaining the same working speed. This decreases downtime and ultimately boosts productivity.
Palletizing cobots are intuitive to use and the perfect solution for turning palletizing from a bottleneck into an efficient and painless task.
UR robots can be used in most packaging and palletizing applications. Our space-saving robots can also be quickly reprogrammed and used with many machines. Manufacturers around the world rely on Universal Robots. These well-known names depend on our collaborative automation technology to reduce costs, improve flexibility, and boost quality and productivity.
- Reducing time of packaging
- Increasing efficiency of palletizing
- Moving employees to different tasks
- Full automation of palletizing
- Intuitive handling of collaborative robots
- Delivering tools and knowledge enabling for fast learning of cobot programming by employees
- Complete eradication of high ergonomic risk to humans
- Increase in Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) by 5%
- Reduction of downtime
- Flexible redeployment on shop floor to any line
- Saves employees from potentially injurious tasks
- Developed new growth avenues by automating hard-to-staff tasks
- Product quality increase as a result of 100% inspection
- 10-14 months ROI
- Best cobot option for speed vs. repeatability
- Zero maintenance with no down-time or interruptions of the line
CHOOSE THE RIGHT COLLABORATIVE ROBOT FOR YOUR PALLETIZING SOLUTION
A range of Universal Robots models are available to address automation needs from precision tasks to long reach and high payload requirements. The and UR10e and the UR20 models are widely used in palletizing applications to address palletizing processes. See all robots models.