WireTank TCP Calibration Station
The challenge with robotic dispensing applications that require a high level of precision, is that the “Tool Center Point (TCP)” of the robot will change every time the syringe or tip is changed. This can result in TCP translation offsets that will affect the reliability and repeatability of your automated process.
The TCP Calibration Station automates the recalibration process, so that an accurate TCP can be automatically redefined within seconds either from a running program or triggered manually by the operator.
- Contactless TCP calibration option
- Programmable Calibration Plane, TCP, and Sensor IO
- Programmable search limits
- Automatic TCP recalibration process triggered manually by operator
- Automatic TCP recalibration process from within a running program
The TCP calibration station relies on the principle that a well created TCP will be used to define all the station planes to be used in the application including the calibration plane of the TCP calibration station.
After a tip change, the TCP could be manually recalibrated by moving the tip visually to the origin of the calibration plane and changing the TCP position offsets so that the position of the robot relative to the plane is all zeros.
This is what the TCP calibration routine automates by first measuring the offsets of the original TCP to the sensor limits with the original tip and then creating a new TCP after a tip change so that the offsets of the new TCP cancel out any translation that has occurred as the result of the different tip.
INCLudes a URCAP?TCP URCap - The WireTank TCP Calibration Station simplifies the process of dealing with variable tool center points, automating the TCP calibration process.
Certifications and standardsNone
114mm x 114mm x 23mm
What's in the box?
- WT-C100-CP-02 - TCP Calibration plate
- ME05S-P01 - Optical Mirror
- FS-N41C - Fiber Optic Sensor
- FU-R77TZ - Fiber unit ThruBeam
- OP-73864 - Connects power and IO
- OP-88245 - Sensor mount
License typeThis is a one-time purchase product