OPC UA Client/Server
Enabling OPC UA for Universal Robots
Release the Industry 4.0 potential of your UR robot with the OPC UA URCap. It enables the UR line of robots to connect to other OPC UA compatible devices and software using the world's most popular standards-based data connectivity method. You can now control and connect data from the robot to the factory control center. The installation and configuration is simple. It is fully customizable to your needs and can be configured in both server and client mode. The OPC UA Client/Server fully complies with OPC UA protocol and has all the necessary and required security features. The license is acquired on a one-time purchase.
- Fully customizable to your needs
- Makes any available UR parameters accessible
- Easy to set up integrations to OPC UA-compliant control room applications
- Easy to integrate into business and other systems that are OPC UA compliant
- Enables the robot to receive and interpret variables from different OPC UA sources
- Enables smart manufacturing with UR
- Reduces the communication complexity between devices and machinery
- The OPC UA implementation on application level can act as both server and client. Configure it based on your requirements.
- It translates data in the UR robot program into OPC UA data and sends it over the network to the desired OPC UA Server/Client.
- It can receive data over the network from other OPC UA Servers and translate it into variables in the UR robot program.
- Lets you securely set up connections between the robot and network through standard OPC UA authentication and certificates.
- It is compatible with both CB3- and e-Series!
Software version requiredCB-series (3.1): Polyscope version 3.8 or higher.
E-series: Polyscope version 5.2 or higher.
DependenciesNetwork connection to other OPC UA enabled software or hardware such as MES, Plc, HMI, M2M etc.
Certifications and standardsopen62541 open source OPC UA implementation with the security policies ‘Basic128Rsa15’, ‘Basic256’ and ‘Basic256Sha256’
What's in the box?OPC UA URCap
License typeOne-time purchase. One license valid per robot. Includes the OPC UA URCap v2.0