PHD 7th Axis Linear Solution
PHD Series ESU-RT Belt-Driven linear actuator with transition plate package provides direct mounting of UR robots. The combination provides a superior solution for a 7th axis to extend the work area of any UR robot for a wide variety of applications while maximizing investment.
The ESU’s robust, enclosed, high-capacity rail bearing system is suitable for horizontal, wall, vertical, and overhead mounting orientations. Available in three sizes, with travels lengths up to 5,500 mm to support all sizes of UR robots, it provides exceptional moment and load capability.
Once set-up, the 7th Axis is controlled seamlessly from the UR pendant via our free URCap. The ESU-RT actuator is ordered separately. Use PHD sizing software to identify 7Th Axis motor parameters which suit your application needs. Consult PHD Applications Engineering for UR CAP compatibility for turnkey integration.
- Increases working area of robot tenfold
- Up to 5,500 mm of travel
- Exceptional moment and load capability
- Superior guide system for horizontal, wall, vertical, and overhead mounting orientations
- Mount the ESU Linear Actuator securely per the documented recommendations in the product literature.
- Attach the motor to the linear actuator.
- Mount the UR to the ESU-RT Linear Actuator via the transition plate and included hardware.
- Attach the cables for the motor and UR (including the ethernet cord) per the instruction in the set-up manual.
- Cautiously (high voltage) power up the drive and connect your computer to it via the ethernet port. Once connected you will upload the provided base tune to it.
- Install the 7th axis URCap from the provided USB and follow the instructions to properly set-up your 7th axis.
- Once the set-up is finished you are ready to use the 7th axis.
Software version requiredPolyscope 5.11+ and ESU_Version 1.0
DimensionsDependant upon Series ESU size and travel ordered
What's in the box?
- Transitions Plate
- USB Drive
- User Manual
- Fastener Kit
License typeOne-time purchase