External Rotary Axis powered by igus
Thanks to the external rotary axis, circular workpiece movements are possible. These are also often called slewing rings, rotary indexing tables or rotary tables, and allow continuous transport to various stations in a single work step. The radius of robot action is extended, making robots much more flexible in their applications. The rotary axis is driven electromechanically by a stepper motor via a gearbox with 48:1 transmission.
You get everything from a single source: energy chains suitable for the UR robots, connection cables and the seventh axis or the rotary axis.
- UR+-certified rotary axis for extending the working range of the universal robot.
- Integration into the UR CAP control system possible through a plug & play solution with ready-to-connect control cabinet
- Further rotary axes can be realized after technical inspection
How does it work?
With our plug&play solution, you can programme directly in the URCap controller and regulate the rotary axis. You are welcome to watch the detailed videos we have made on this topic.
You can calculate the service life of the rotary axes online to find out exactly how long they will function in your application and when you might have to exchange the bearings.
We use a lubrication-free worm gear from the RL-D series and installation size 50.
Includes a URCap Yes, URCap V1.1.8
software version requirede-Series: Polyscope V5.8.0
cb-Series: Polyscope V3.13.0
dependenciesigus dryve D1 Controller,
Safety relay (2-channel) with restart protection
Power supply 48V external power supply unit
24V logic power
DimensionsController = 130 mm (W) x 180 mm (L) x 77 mm (D), weight: 1002g // product: 87,50mm (W) x 268,5mm (L) x 170 mm (H), diameter: 50mm, weight: 4100g, max. output torque 50Nm, max. speed (at max. load) 6rpm, efficiency <0,4°, backlash <0,5°, motor= stepper motor NEMA23XL with Encoder and a gear RL-D-50 with 48:1 transmission
What's in the box
- Drygear worm gear RL-D-50 with ball bearings, asymmetrical version
- Transmission 48:1
- Stepper motor NEMA23XL with Encoder
- Ini Kit with switching output PNP
- Adapter kit for Universal Robots
- Control cabinet for UR CAP + dryve D1 motor control
- USB-Stick with software for UR Cap
- All conncetion cables with 3m length
- Assembly guide
License typeone-time purchase, one URCap license needed for each rotary axis