Active Contact Flange - ACF
VERSATILE AUTOMATION KIT FOR COBOT SURFACE TREATMENT
The Active Contact Flange Kit is arguably the simplest, most flexible and most versatile Cobot tool that is currently available on the market for the automation of so far manual grinding work. The large selection of tools covers an extremely wide range of applications for manual processing. Equipped with our patented Active Compliant Technology, work can be done with the ACF-Kit that requires a high degree of sensitivity and flexibility. This contact intelligence enables immediate integration with minimal programming effort. The versatile and user-friendly plug & play tools are suitable for surface processing of almost all shapes and materials. Due to the modular structure, changing tools is ingeniously simple and flexible. This makes the ACF-Kit extremely attractive even with small lot sizes.
- User-friendly package solution
- For a broad variety of surface treatments e.g. grinding, sanding, polishing, cleaning, stripping paint, brushing, deburring, etc.
- For a large variety of materials e.g. steel, aluminum, titanium, magnesium, carbon, plastic, wood, ceramic, coconut fiber, etc.
- Modular and flexible, therefore quicker tool change
- Individual control of all process parameters: feed rate of the robot, speed of the tools and contact force on the surface
- Precisely even surface appearance thanks to a process-optimized package solution
- Automated tolerance compensation
- No post-processing
- Even contact force: the entire system is force calibrated and ensures precise application of force
- Minimal programming effort and almost no start-up time
- Automates almost all manual grinding work
- The URCap plugin makes this a seamless integration with your Universal Robot Pendant
How does it work?
The communication to the ACF-K is set up and checked in the installation node and you can choose which device you are using.
The three process parameters can be set in the program node. The device drive is controlled by the URCap via a pneumatic valve.
The tool path is set by the user via independent programming.
Software version requiredE-series - Software Version 5.1+
CB-series 3.1 - Software Version 3.8+
Power Supply: 24 V DC / 4 A
Compressed Air: ø 6 mm, max. 7 bar, 30 μm, ISO 8573-1 Kl.3
(oil & water free)
Certifications and Standards
- DIRECTIVE 2006/42/EG OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND COUNCIL of 17 May 2006 regarding machines and the amendment to Directive 95/16/EG (Revised Version)
- EN 349 Safety of Machinery; Minimum spacing to avoid crushing limbs
- EN 1050 Safety of Machinery – Guidelines for risk assessment
- EN ISO 9409-1 Industrial Robots – Mechanical interfaces - Section 1: Sheets
- EN ISO 12100 Sections 1+ 2 Safety of Machinery – Basic concepts, general guidelines on layout
- ROHS COMPLIANCE 2002/95/EC
Dimensionsavg. length 150mm
avg. width 200mm
avg. height 300mm
avg. weight 6 kg
What's in the box?
- ACF-K - head
- ACF-K - tool
- Control box
- 5m control cable
- 24V power supply adapter
- 5m air supply tube Ø6 mm for ACF-K - head
- 5m air supply tube Ø 12mm for the tool
- 5m grounding cable
- Air control valve
- Valve connection cable
- Mounting screws and pin
- USB Data stick
- Control box key and tool accessories depending on chosen tool
License typeOne-time purchase