ATI QC-7 Robotic Tool Changer
ATI Industrial Automation’s QC-7 Robotic Tool Changer provides a cost-effective solution for quickly changing tools. The compact, yet robust design is optimized for collaborative robot applications and is a perfect fit for all UR robot models.
The QC-7 Robotic Tool Changer’s pneumatically-actuated locking mechanism enables secure attachment and docking of end of arm tools without manual intervention. This Robotic Tool Changer can carry payloads of up to 16 kg (35 lbs) and includes ATI’s patented Fail-Safe design which ensures the tool plate will remain attached to the master plate even in the event of air loss.
With integrated air pass-through connections and options to connect a wide range of electrical utilities if needed, the QC-7 is ready to tackle a broad variety of cobot applications.
- Compact, lightweight automatic tool changer for 16 kg payloads.
- Direct mounting to ISO 9409-1-31.5-4-M5 robot wrists minimizes stack height.
- Integrated Lock/Unlock sensing to communicate status without an interface plate.
- Optional tool stand hook for convenient storage during tool change.
- Integrated pneumatic pass-through for reliable utility supply to downstream tooling.
- No-Touch Locking™ overcomes pickup gaps for easy robot teaching.
The QC-7 Automatic Tool Changer utilizes a pneumatically-actuated piston locking mechanism for coupling end-of-arm-tools to a UR robot arm. The user can program the robot arm to bring the Master (attached to the robot) and Tool (mounted to the customer tooling) together and using a 2-position valve. The user supplies 60 to 80 psi to lock or unlock air port and either latch or unlatch the tool changer.
Inlcudes a URCAp?
Certifications and standardsThe QC-7 Tool Changer complies with all requirements for collaborative operation defined in ISO 15066.
DimensionsMaster Side Dimensions:
Height: 43.6 mm (1.72 in)
Weight: 0.415 kg (0.92 lb)
Tool Side Dimensions:
Height: 32.6 mm (1.28 in)
Weight: 0.342 kg (0.75 lb)
What's in the box?
- (1) QC-7 Master (robot) side assembly with lock and unlock sensors, robot interface plate, mounting fasteners
- (1) ML8 electrical pass-through module with pigtail cable to M8 8-pin female right-angle connector
- (2) 5 m cables with M8 8-pin straight connector and flying leads to connect lock/unlock sensors
- (1) QC-7 Tool (end-effector) side assembly with integrated tool stand hook
- (1) ML8 electrical pass-through module
- (1) 1 m cable with M8 8-pin right-angle connector with flying leads
- (1) tool stand post hanger and adapter assembly
- (4) Allen Keys for assembly
- (1) basic kit for cable management
License TypeOne-time purchase