Quality inspection with robotic arms
Increase your consistency and maintain high levels of product quality
If precision and consistency are the keys to your project’s success, then a robot may be the answer. A robot will consistently and repeatedly follow exact processes and pre-defined workflows with miniscule deviation, providing optimum conditions for study or analysis.
Ensure consistency and predictable quality. It requires superhuman abilities to repeat the same movement over and over again for many hours with exactly the same precision. That’s why the repeatability of +/- 0.1 mm (.004 in) of the UR robot arm is perfect for automating quick-precision handling.
A robot arm with a vision camera can also be used for non-destructive testing and 3D measurements, further guaranteeing the quality of your products. It can objectively identify and pinpoint defective or faulty parts before they are packed or shipped.
Quality inspection with collaborative robots - Universal Robots
- Because of their small size and lightweight robot design, Universal Robots can be easily deployed in tight space conditions.
- Relieve workers of repetitive work tasks and increase consistency in your quality inspection processes.
- Lower your operating costs. Universal Robots gives you all the advantages of advanced robotic automation, with none of the traditional added costs associated with robot programming, set-up, and dedicated, shielded work cells. The average payback period of 195 days is the fastest in the robot industry.
- Moving the quality inspection robot to new processes is fast and easy, giving you the agility to automate almost any manual task, including those with small batches or fast change-overs. The robot is able to re-use programs for recurrent tasks.
- All Universal Robots robot arms are certified IP-54. They will need protection when working in corrosive liquid environment.
Companies who use our collaborative robots for quality inspection
READY TO GET STARTED?
Collaborative robots are cost-effective, safe, and flexible to deploy. Collaborative robots - or cobots - are making automation easier than ever, even for small and mid-sized companies.