7th Axis Range Extender by Vention
Vention offers the largest variety of 7th axis range extenders to extend the reach of any UR robots. Select from standard designs for horizontal, vertical, overhead configurations, or create your own from our timing belt, ball screw, and rack & pinion actuators. Sensors, motors, and motor drives are all included, and can all be controlled in a code-free environment directly from the UR pendant via our market-leading URCap.
The enclosed actuator options for timing belt and ball screw eliminate pinch points in the system, simplifying the task of making the robot cell safe. With several hundred units deployed in the field, Vention's 7th axis solutions for UR are the ideal solution for extending the work envelope of the robot and maximizing project ROI.
- Browse several 7th Axis Range Extender designs on Vention's Design library
- Fully customizable for a broad range of applications (i.e., length, height, mounting orientation, number of axes, end-of-arm tools)
- All UR e-series models can be used in designs and allow to conduct reach simulation to validate cell design
- Based on Vention’s linear motion technology, you can choose 3 different types of actuators: ball screw, rack & pinion or timing belt
- Automated with MachineMotion™ plug and play controller, compatible with the UR controller
- Includes Vention URCap, with configurable set point, speed, and acceleration
- Kits can be delivered in 5-7 business days across North America and Europe, ready to deploy using a single tool.
- Customizable length from 585mm to 3330mm for timing belt and ball screw actuators at +/- 0.025mm repeatability
- Customizable length to over 12000mm for rack & pinion actuator at +/-0.25mm repeatability
- Code-free programming
- Manual teach function
- Jogging function
- Parallel (simultaneous) robot/actuator moves possible
- Full actuator control: position, speed, acceleration, move completion handshake
- Plug-and-play integration
- Options for safety integration
- Horizontal floor-mounted, vertical, and overhead mounting configurations
SETUP (less than 2 hours):
1. Select and customize your 7th axis range extender from Vention's Designs library.
2. Receive pre-assembled or as a parts kit with remote assistance.
3. Connect Ethernet cable from UR controller to Vention MachineMotion controller.
4. Follow simple step-by-step instructions for IP and axis configuration.
5. Ready to run the first program.
1. Create a new program from the UR interface.
2. Insert Vention commands from the UR tree view.
3. Enter the position, speed, and acceleration using code-free command blocks.
4. Add robot waypoints.
5. Press play.
Software version requiredPolyscope 3.6.1 or 5.0.3
Certifications and standardsSPE-1000
DimensionsVention’s 7th Axis Range Extender can be as long as you want and it's fully customizable.
For standard 2m travel configuration: 2543mm L x 659mm W
What's in the box?Vention’s 7th Axis Range Extender arrives flat packed, including all required hardware, fasteners, motion controller, sensors, cables, linear axis, EOAT and URCap USB.
Custom step-by-step assembly instructions are included. Vention also offers assembly services as needed.
License typeOne-time purchase of chosen hardware.
One Vention MachineMotion™ URCap license needed for each 7th Axis Range Extender.