Remote TCP & Toolpath URCap
The Remote TCP & Toolpath URCap makes it easier to program Universal Robots for process applications, such as dispensing, deburring, polishing, etc. First, this URCap allows you to set Remote Tool Center Points (RTCP), where the tool center point is fixed in space, relative to the base of the robot.
Second, it is also able to automatically generate robot motion based on an imported G-code toolpath file. When the robot is required to follow a complex trajectory for a dispensing or deburring application, it is much easier to program the toolpath based on a part model in the CAD/CAM software that the user is already familiar with. The user no longer needs to spend a long time programming waypoints and circle moves from the teach pendant.
This 10-min video provides an overview of the Remote TCP & Toolpath URCap.
*** Should you have any questions about this product, please contact Technical Support through the Request Info button below. ***
- G-code toolpath import: Significantly reduces on-robot programming effort using standard CAD/CAM software
- Remote TCP: Program robot motions with respect to a tool fixed relative to the robot base
- Constant speed: The robot will maintain a constant TCP speed when executing moves generated by this URCap.
- URScript functions: available to advanced users and UR+ developers for accessing the Remote TCP and G-code import functions in custom GUI
This plugin is available built-in to Polyscope on e-Series robots. Please register your robot online using the built-in instructions to get access to the license file. Check out the related UR+ products and the UR Support Site for more information on how to leverage the functionality in this free URCap.
Should you have any questions when using this URCap, please click the Request Information from UR+ Partner button above for technical support. Alternatively, you can schedule a free consultation with Energid Technologies:
Software version requiredPolyscope 5.6 or above
- Step 1. Sign in at www.universal-robots.com/activate
- Step 2. Download the registration file to your USB drive
- Step 3. Plug your USB drive into the teach pendant and tap Activate to load the registration file