Festo Multi Axis Solution
Multi Axis Drive (MAD) Controller is a URCap software that allows you to control one or multiple external axis drive controllers by Festo (CMMP-AS motor controllers) using your UR robot.
With this software you can move up to 4 axis to defined points easily and code-free, no need for other external components such as PLC/HMI.
It allows to control Festo linear axis —up to 8 m length (standard product) or 10 m on demand—, turning tables, automatic storage systems, conveyors, transfer tables, or a combination of them.
- Affordable solution to control up to 4 Festo axis from a single robot
- Mechanical hardware with the guarantee of a manufacturer such as Festo
- Control linear axis, turning tables, automatic storage systems, conveyors, etc
- Add a 7th axis to the robot to increase its reach significantly
- Set your points, easily, quickly and code-free in the URCap
- Move the axis towards points, adjusting the speed and movement mode
- URCap toolbar from where you can move the axis in manual mode
- No need for other expensive external components such as PLC/HMI
Send inquiry via UR+ Request More Info form with the following details:
- State the UR cobot model you are using (UR3e, 5e, 10e, 16e)
- What is the axis stroke and cycle time requirement
- What is your axis orientation (Horizontal or Vertical)
- Preferred axis type (Tooth Belt or Ball Screw)
- Control Cabinet ready to plug and work or loose drive
- # Tubes/cables and diameters for energy chain sizing
- Any other application info considered relevant
Following our manual when the product arrives:
- Configure the motor controller(s)
- Install the URCap in your robot and enter your license key
- Easily connect to the motor controller(s) from the URCap
- Set up your points and simply move to them from your programs
The safety connections between the motor controller and the robot controller will be connected according to
our configuration manual. In this way, any emergency in the robot will stop the axis, as well as you can stop it
immediately using the robot emergency push button. If you want, we will do all this for you, and send you the
system already configured.
includes a URcapYes - MAD Controller in its latest version
Software version requiredPolyScope software 5.3.0 (e-Series). CB-Series coming soon
dependenciesFesto CMMP-AS motor controller
DimensionsSubject to the selected hardware configuration
What's in the box?
- License of Use Certificate
- UrCap Plugin
- URCap User Manual
- CMMP-AS Configuration Manual
- Assembled Electromechanical axis (axis, gear box, motor, energy chain, mechanical interface for robot mounting)
- Optional ready to plug and work control cabinet
License TypePerpetual license