Autonomous Bin Picking that Simply Works
We proudly present ActiNav
Three Key Benefits
GET AN EDGE OVER YOUR COMPETITORS WITH ActiNav
The ActiNav Autonomous Motion Module (AMM) synchronously handles vision processing, collision-free motion planning, and autonomous real-time robot control.
ActiNav Autonomous Motion enables:
- Higher machine uptime with collision-free motion: Autonomous collision-free motion within its environment means fewer operator interventions and system restarts. The system takes care of the motion autonomously.
- Less refilling with deep bins: Autonomous motion enables ActiNav to operate inside deep bins which hold more parts. That means systems can run unattended longer and require less filling. When the bin gets low on parts, it notifies workers by an alert light that it’s ready for more parts.
- Accurate part placement: Machine tending requires parts to be accurately placed and oriented in the same way each time. The high-resolution sensor and CAD matching enable high accuracy picks. And the Autonomous Motion Module selects a robot pose that ensures the part is placed in the same way into a fixture each time. This is not pick and drop, this is accurate pick and part oriented placement.
EASY TO USE
ActiNav does not require prior robot programming experience. ActiNav setup is intuitive using the Universal Robots teach pendant, teach by demonstration, and the six-step wizard-guided setup process.
ActiNav Autonomous Bin Picking is easy to program with:
- Intuitive & prompt-based programming: Complete the programming hassle free from the Universal Robots teach pendant. The program is fully integrated with the UR program tree.
- Easy system setup: The initial setup can be completed within a couple of hours. Touch actual objects and add to the virtual environment using teach by demonstration.
- Easy training: The six-step wizard guided process makes the set up process easy. ActiNav can also be easily trained in place in existing work cells.
FAST TO DEPLOY
Unlike conventional alternatives which require lengthy and complex integration, and programming efforts, the intuitive flow-based setup allows in-house resources to do the work in just six steps.
- Scan to teach programming: Attach the part to your end effector in the correct pose & present it to the scanner. Using scan to teach programming, the system scans and captures the relationship between the part & the end effector.
- Free spin pick: Using the free spin pick, the system considers hundreds of pick combinations at the single trained pick point. A complete program can be trained in only six to twelve lines of programming. This is remarkably lower than conventional robot pose programming that requires at least two hundred to three hundred lines of programming.
The ActiNav Kit
Flexibility Enables the Use of ActiNav for Countless Applications
By starting with an ActiNav kit and an e-Series robot, you’re off to a great start and are well on your way to deploying a complete bin picking work cell. Additionally, you’ll need an end effector which is suited to your particular part and a frame that is suited to your factory floor layout. ActiNav’s flexibility allows for it to be easily configurable for each station/application.
Suitable Applications for Autonomous Tending