Business Update from Universal Robots
With the news dominated by the Corona virus, here is an update on the status at Universal Robots
The utmost priority is to keep everybody safe – and to ensure business continuity. Universal Robots (UR) is running uninterrupted and is fully operational to support our customers’ and partners’ business; at least to the extent possible given local restrictions.
UR has taken several proactive steps in order to keep our supply chain flowing, our production running and our corporate staff and field staff available to assist in these challenging business circumstances:
- In order to protect our production capacity in Odense, Denmark, all UR employees not playing a critical role in production and logistics have vacated our headquarter site and are working from home. Be assured, UR is continuing to produce at full capacity.
- All UR employees working from home have modern remote communication tools available to continue executing and assisting with the needed expertise and support. With face-to-face meetings temporarily held off, UR is keen to help advance projects anywhere in the world despite current circumstances.
- UR’s supply chain is unhindered and UR is frequently in touch with suppliers to make sure that everything is done to secure continuity of the company.
- As an extra precaution, UR is actively trying to ship larger volumes of stock – both end-products and service parts – into key regions to mitigate potential air shipment difficulties.
- For any time-sensitive deliveries, it is advised to check in with your local UR team pro-actively to help UR secure air transportation sooner as this could become a bottleneck.
With news and updated national guidelines unfolding daily around the world, UR will continue to inform about adjustments and other steps made to secure the continuity of the business.
We know that this is a time of great concern for everybody, both personally and professionally. We want to ensure all of you that we are doing everything we can to support our employees, customers and our whole partner ecosystem.
Be safe and stay healthy!