ArtiMinds Essentials is a free URCap plugin for Universal Robots to add a force-torque sensor based “Freedrive” mode. Just grab the robot and move it in a fast and precise way based on force-torque measurements. You can drastically reduce teaching time for complex waypoints by physically aligning your tool with the environment. Easily align your gripper with a holder to reduce lateral forces and resolve jammings. You can lock specific motion directions on-the-fly, e.g. to move out of a holder in the z direction. For polishing, grinding or gluing applications you can guide the robot along a continuous path, capture it and play it with the robot. The captured path can be easily integrated into an existing .urp file.
- Download the URCap plugin free-of-charge from the ArtiMinds website and install it directly on the Universal Robots teach pendant. Choose a force-torque sensor and set up the mounting on the installation tab. Click to open the ArtiMinds Essentials toolbar and press “Start” to guide the robot arm using the force-torque sensor.
- Watch the tutorial video to get a complete overview of the features.
How does it work?
- Free URCap plugin running directly on the Universal Robots teach pendant.
- Supports force-torque sensors by different manufacturers: ATI, OnRobot and Weiss Robotics.
- Easy configuration of force-torque sensor: select the sensor of your choice and set up the mounting on the installation tab.
- Guide the robot using force-torque measurements to drastically reduce teaching time.
- Choose different axes for force-sensitive motions, e.g. only translate in Z.
- Choose and configure different speed profiles.
- Tare the sensor on demand.
- Restrict force-sensitive motions to a certain area.
- Capture and play continuous paths at a specified rate, e.g. 125Hz, for applications like polishing, grinding or gluing.
- Automatically generates .urp and .script files for integration in existing Polyscope programs.
Software requiredPolyScope version 5.1.0 or higher (e-Series) | PolyScope version 3.3.0 or higher (CB-Series)
dependenciesNo, RPS runs completely autonomously of any other hardware or software
What’s in the box?ArtiMinds Essentials Software
License typeFree of charge and can be downloaded on the ArtiMinds website.