Secure IoT Communication Solution (ARCS)
Upgrade your Universal Robots with IoT capabilities. The easy to install and easy to program solution enables you to be in touch with your robots through a secure communication, which works any time of day and independently of your location. The solutions reduce overall production costs, improved quality, minimized downtime and increased operational efficiency.
The solution consists of the following three components:
- ARCS software (URCap): ARCS is a ready-to-go software component for your Universal Robots, for alarm management e.g. if robots are stopped or out of supply, and remote access via VNC. When installed, it is fully integrated into the Universal Robots own configuration interface of the Teach Pendant
- Secomea SiteManager hardware and installation kit: The SiteManager hardware is your secure IoT gateway for your Universal Robots, providing communication via cellular 3G/4G, WiFi and LAN. For easy installation in the Universal Robots Controller Box, an installation kit is available as an accessory.
- Secomea LinkManager Mobile Client: The LinkManager Mobile Client runs on an iPhone, iPad or Android device, ideally suited for operators/end-users to remotely access their Universal Robots for monitoring status or perform typical operator tasks. LinkManager Mobile supports two-factor authentications log-in, thus ensuring uncompromised security.
- Easy to activate, use, and maintain. Non-IT people are currently using it worldwide.
- Mobile/tablet access to Universal Robots own configuration interface of the Teach Pendant.
- Independently certified to secure your customers factory and office network per industry standards.
- Industry 4.0 compliant differentiated user and device access management.
- Simple provisioning by using the same configuration for all robots.
- Multiple access methods via cellular 3G/4G, WiFi and Ethernet.
- Data logging access for preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Facilitates IoT Big data cloud storage connections.
How does it work?How the Secure IoT Communication Solution enable your Universal Robots:
- Install ARCS software and SiteManager in the Robot. Activate the ARCS software and enable the SiteManager to get access to the GateManager M2M cloud sever.
- Create your first LinkManager Mobile operator user via the GateManager M2M cloud server portal.
- The operator receives a link, which provides the operator with the LinkManager Mobile access. The operator starts the LinkManager Mobile and establishes a connection to the Universal Robots Teach Pendant GUI via VNC.
For more details and possibilities, please visit http://Info.secomea.com/arcs or contact one of Secomea’s authorized distributors to learn more about the Secure IoT Communication Solution for your Universal Robots.
Includes a URCap plugin:
UR3, UR5, UR10
UR3e, UR5e, UR10e
Software version required:
PolyScope 3.3 or higher.
Certifications and standards:
The ARCS 2.0 solution is based on an Airgate URCap software and a Secomea communication modem (SiteManager), which complies with EMC industrial certifications, EN55022 class A, EN55024, EN61000-3-2, 3, EN61000-4-2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, as well as FCC and CE
SiteManager and installation kit 107(h) x 38 (w) x 105 (d) mm, 650 g.
- Mounting bracket with DIN rail and closure plate
- SMA pigtail for extension of the cellular antenna
- 2 x 4 mm umbrako screws
One-time purchasing regarding URCap software for each robot and in addition Secomea SiteManager and option the installation kit .