MachineMotion™ - Plug & Play Motion Controller
Vention's MachineMotion™ enables plug-and-play integration of the UR arm with the entire Vention ecosystem of automated equipment, such as conveyors, range extenders, turntables, pneumatics, and more.
The URCap takes less than 15 minutes to set-up and provides code-free commands to deploy robot cell peripherals in a very intuitive fashion. It includes features such as a manual jogger and a teach mode, which enable a faster, simplified workflow for entering the desired actuator positions.
The MachineMotion™ controller supplies up to four external servo axes with a single controller, plus four IO modules to expand the available IOs by 16. The safety chain can be connected using a Vention Robot Safety Module, which enables easy connection to all of the Vention safety ecosystem of interlocks, laser scanners, light curtains, and e-stop modules.
- Integrated code-free programming of peripheral axes directly within the UR Polyscope interface
- Up to four external servo axes per MachineMotion controller
- Up to 16 additional digital IOs
- Modular selection of motor sizes and actuator types, such as enclosed timing belts, enclosed balls crews, rack & pinion, and turntables
- Belt and roller conveyors for boxes and pallets
- Robot Safety Modules for safety integration with simplified wiring for interlocks, e-stop modules, light curtains, and laser scanners
- Pushbutton Control Modules for starting and stopping robot sequences via simplified operator input
- Power Switch Control Modules for digitally controlling AC-powered devices, such as routers or presses
- Manual jogger and teach mode for all connected actuators
- Parallel (simultaneous) and sequential commands possible between robot and MachineMotion
SETUP (less than 2 hours):
1. Customize your robot cell peripherals from Vention's digital manufacturing platform at www.vention.io
2. Receive controller, motors, actuators, modules, and sensors for your robot peripherals as a parts kit with remote assistance.
3. Connect Ethernet cable from UR controller to Vention MachineMotion controller.
4. Follow simple step-by-step instructions for IP and axis configuration.
5. Ready to run the first program.
1. Create a new program from the UR interface.
2. Insert Vention commands from the UR tree view.
3. Enter the robot peripheral axes target positions, speeds, accelerations and IO logic using code-free command blocks.
4. Add robot waypoints.
Software version requiredVention’s MachineLogic™ for Universal Robots (URCap v3.x)
None. The e-Series or CB3 controller has to be connected to Vention MachineMotion controller
Certifications and standardsSPE-1000
DimensionsVention’s family of automated equipment is fully customizable in size and payload
What's in the box?Arrives flat packed, including MachineMotion™ controller, main power cord, ethernet patch cable, USB cable, end-stop jumpers, pendant jumper, safety-In jumper, safety-In interface cable, safety-Out interface cable, USB key with URCap software. Vention also offers assembly services as needed.
License typeOne-time perpetual license, one URCap license needed for each robot cell deployment