Machine Tending Kit for CNC
This plug-and-play kit allows to easily deploy any Universal Robots to automate CNC machine tending. It includes the robot base (fixed or automated), part presenter (tray or drawer system), the end-of-arm tool, redeployment solution from Flexxbotics and the Robot2CNC communication kit from Versabuilt. This fully-tested URCap-enabled solution kit enables a faster and easier deployment of machine tending automation.
• Browse several machine tending kit designs on Vention's Design library.
• Customize robot cell design using 3D MachineBuilder, a highly intuitive free and online design tool.
• All UR e-series models can be used in designs, and allow to conduct reach simulation to validate cell design.
• Price and assembly time of the equipment are displayed in real time throughout the design process.
• Kits can be delivered in 5-7 business days across North America and Europe.
• MachineMotion controller is fully compatible through the use of Vention URCaps, allowing for robot range extenders, conveyors, and more.
• Easy assembly for each Vention designs, using a single tool.
SCHUNK EGH Gripper
• 80mm total programmable stroke for flexible workpiece handling
• IO-Link interface to UR enables positional control of the gripper fingers
• Integrated Programming of the gripper via SCHUNK UR-Caps
• Constant Grip Force (100 N) over the entire stroke
• Robust moment capabilities supported through synchronized parallel kinematics
• Integrated status display for a visual indicator of the application state
• Quick Release feature for easy attachment of the gripper to the robot flange
• Execute any CNC code program from the UR robot teach pendant
• Compatible with Haas, Okuma, and Fanuc CNC machines
• Simplifies robot programming – no handshake programming between robot and CNC
• Enable tending of multiple machines without reprogramming the UR at each CNC
• Use precisely machined interlocking wrist and station reference points to redeploy your Vention mobile base
• Manually mate the robot wrist's reference point to the station’s reference point and reset calibration through a URCap
How does it work?
With Vention’s growing community and its curated Public Designs library, multiple machine tending kits are already available to you. Browse the library and choose the right combination of robot base and part presenter for your needs.
Open your design on MachineBuilder, Vention’s cloud-based 3D design software, and adapt it to your specific application. Add the gripper you need based on parts to be tended, then select the right communication kit for your CNC to have a complete machine tending kit.
A plug-and-play approach keeps the process straightforward regarding the integration of all components since each URCap software can easily be used together.
Use a router and Ethernet cables to connect all the components together and set the IP addresses individually. Install the URCap softwares on the UR Controller and you are good to go! For more infos, please refer to the general tech docs.
Software version requiredUR e-Series only - needs Polyscope 5.6+
DimensionsDimensions vary according to the selected design.
What's in the box?
- Vention hardware parts (depending on the chosen design)
- EGH gripper kit (gripper, fastening materials, adaptor plate, fingers, tools, IO-Link master and URCap)
- Robot2CNC kit (appliance, universal power supply, ethernet cable, cycle start connection, URCap, connection dongle, quick start guide and user manual)
License typeOne-time purchase of Robot2CNC URCap license (comes pre-installed on CNC controller)
One-time purchase of Vention MachineMotion URCap license
One-time purchase of SCHUNK's Co-ACT URCap