TREX : PLUG & WORK TELEROBOTICS FOR COBOTS
An immediate proven teleoperation solution for the constrained working environments in industries and research centers.
Specifically, the TeleRobotic Extender, aka TREX, combined with a manipulator arm VIRTUOSE 6D TAO offers the operator an intuitive control through physical feel, and immediate control of remote e-series of Universal Robots, without the need for prior programming.
Technical features of TREX provide the best possible complementarity between the safety and precision of robotics on the one hand, and the manual dexterity of the operator on the other. The handling of the e-series of Universal Robots is natural and working tasks are done with much more confidence.
The plug & work solution keeps available the original ECU of the e-series of Universal Robots for the automation experts. In a word, TREX is complementary to automation.
- Bilateral control with force-feedback
- Virtual fixtures / Cartesian constraints
- Internal collision detection and prevention
- Path recording, for traceability and/or replay capability by roboticists
- 1-to-many control in shared time
- Support of wired Ethernet and Wifi-6 real time communication
- Scalable, open Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Plug & Work for e-Series of Universal Robots & with e-Series Offline Simulator
Once plugged and setup following the quick user guide, the manipulator provides to the operator a physical feel, kinesthetic based 6 DOF force feedback in the wrist (3x rotations) and the arm (3x translations). This natural and real time feedback complements the operator vision (direct or by non-included cameras)
- Dynamic force feedback to the operator enables to feel the dynamics of the remote-controlled e-Series of Universal Robots: movement delay, drag and joint limits.
- Interactive feedback to the operator enables to feel the interaction with the environment of the remote-controlled of the e-Series of Universal Robots: object weight, inertia, friction, reaction forces.
The Human Machine Interface and the teleoperation handle permits to use the adaptative gripper and to change parameters like level of efforts and speed of the movement of the e-Series of Universal Robots.
Open HMI also display the robots and manipulator 3D representations with augmented information to enable efficient work.
Software requiredPolyscope 1,6
Dimensions40cm wide, 30cm long for the base. 75cm height when fully expanded
12 kgs. Carriable by one person without assistance.
Workspace 1330 x 575 x 1020 mm
Certifications and standardsCertifications : Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC) - RoHS Directive (2011/65/EU) - Low Voltage Directive (2014/35/EU) - ElectroMagnetic Compatibility Directive (2014/30/EU)
Standards : EN 55022 : 2010 - EN 55024 : 2010 - EN 61000-3-2:2006+A1:2009+A2:2009 - EN 61000-3-3:2008
What's in the box1 x VIRTUOSE 6D TAO force feedback manipulator
1 x TREX BOX preprogrammed with 5 years update
1 x LICENSE for a model of e-Series of Universal Robots (multiples available in option)
1 x year of phone/online support
1 x year warranty
License typeOne-time purchase