Universal Robots A/S ("Universal Robots") takes processing of your personal data very seriously. We ensure a reasonable and transparent processing in accordance with the rules on processing of personal data, especially the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR").
1. The Data Controller
Universal Robots can be contacted via the following information:
Universal Robots A/S
Central business register number: 29138060
Energivej 25, 5260 Odense S, Denmark
2. Types of personal data collected
We collect and process your personal data, when you engage with us through various channels.
Some of the personal data we collect is necessary to provide our services to you or your company; other personal data you may choose to provide voluntarily. We will let you know, if and why our processing of your personal data is necessary.
Universal Robots collects and processes the following categories of “ordinary personal data” according to article 6 of the GDPR:
- Contact information such as name, address, phone number, email address, other contact details, company name, company business registration number, title and education level;
- Profile information regarding our UR+ platform and our Academy platform; and
- Website usage information such as technical data, IP addresses and cookies (see clause 12 below regarding cookies).
3. Purposes for processing your personal data
Universal Robots collects and processes personal data for the following purposes:
- To facilitate your use of our websites, services and products
- To contact you as part of our customer relationship and to provide customer service and support
- To send newsletters or other marketing material, surveys etc.
- To pursue business leads
- Remarketing, behavioural targeting and advertising
4. Legal grounds for processing your personal data
Universal Robots will only process your personal data, if one of the following applies:
- You have given your prior consent to processing of your personal data;
- Our processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- Our processing of your personal data is necessary to comply with any legal obligations;
- Our processing of your personal data is necessary to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims; and
- Our processing of your personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Universal Robots or by a third party, if such interests are not considered to override your interests or fundamental rights. Such legitimate interests may be our interests in developing, marketing and selling our products and providing our services, pursuing and maintaining our business relationship with our customers, suppliers, distributors, partners and other business relations.
Universal Robots takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of your personal data.
In order to protect your personal data, we continuously assess the risks that may be associated with our processing activities. We have therefore adopted internal information security rules, which contain instructions and measures to protect your personal data from being destroyed, lost/altered and against any unauthorized disclosure or unintended access.
To avoid loss of personal data, we continuously backup our systems, and we make use of encryption or other security measures where necessary. Finally, we train our employees in handling personal data.
In the event of a data breach that involves a high risk to your rights, we will notify you of the breach as soon as possible under the given circumstances.
6. Disclosure of personal data
If necessary, Universal Robots may disclose your personal data to external parties. Our disclosure of your personal data is always subject to the existence of an adequate level of data protection. Universal Robots may disclose or make personal data available to third parties under the following circumstances:
- To third parties carrying out services on our behalf, e.g. hosting, support, marketing services etc. Such third parties (data processors) are only allowed to process the personal data in accordance with our instructions and subject to a written data processor agreement;
- If you have provided your prior consent to the disclosure of your personal data;
- To our partners and/or distributors in accordance with article 6(1)(a-f) of the GDPR;
- If disclosure is necessary to comply with legal obligations or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- In the event of any merger, sale or joint venture; and
If the recipient is located in a third country not ensuring an adequate level of data protection, Universal Robots will only disclose your personal data to the third party following the execution of an agreement based on the EU Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses.
7. Universal Robots Group
Universal Robots is part of an international organisation, and the personal data we collect and process may be transferred internationally between entities in the Universal Robots Group for the purposes for which the personal data was collected.
With respect to the Universal Robots entities established in countries outside the EU/EEA that are not considered as safe third countries and therefore not ensuring an adequate level of data protection, agreements based on the EU Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses are considered the legitimate basis for the transfer of your personal data.
An overview of the Universal Robots organization and more information regarding the legitimate basis for transfer of personal data to third countries can be obtained by submitting a request for such information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To the extent that our processing activities are based on your consent, you will have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you withdraw your consent, we will cease to process your personal data, unless and to the extent that continued processing is permitted or required according to the applicable personal data legislation or other applicable law.
If you withdraw your consent, it will not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to the withdrawal.
9. Retention period
The personal data Universal Robots collects shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose for which the personal data has been collected.
Universal Robots may be allowed to retain your personal data for a longer period if you have given your consent to the processing activity. Furthermore, Universal Robots may be obliged to retain your personal data for a longer period, whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
Once the retention period expires, your personal data shall be deleted.
10. Your rights
When we process your personal data, you may exercise certain rights regarding our processing activities. In particular, you have the right to:
- Object to processing of your personal data. Under certain circumstances you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data;
- Access your personal data. You have the right to learn if your personal data is being processed by Universal Robots, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the personal data;
- Verify and seek rectification. You have the right to verify the accuracy of your personal data and ask for it to be updated or rectified;
- Restrict the processing of your data. Under certain circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Have your personal data erased. Under certain circumstances you have the right to have your personal data erased; and
- Have your personal data transferred to another controller (data portability). Under certain circumstances you have the right to have your personal data transmitted readily to another controller.
11. How to exercise your rights or file a complaint
You may also - at any time - file a complaint to your local data protection agency, if you are dissatisfied with the way in which we process your personal data.
12. The Universal Robots Event Badge
When you participate in a Universal Robots event, you will receive a [Universal Robots Event Badge]. The badge contains your personal data, including [name, business contact information and information about your presence at the event in question].
When entering an event, the badge is activated allowing exhibitors access to your personal data, when they scan your badge. You alone decide who scans your badge, and thereby who you choose to forward your personal data to. The badge therefore functions as an electronic business card.
If you have received a personal invitation to the event from an exhibitor and use it to register as a visitor at the event, your registration at the entrance will automatically give the exhibitor access to your personal data, including your presence at the event.
Universal Robots is a data controller with regards to your personal data stored on the badge. When we process your personal data stored on the badge, the legal basis is that the processing is necessary for both you and Universal Robots to pursue a legitimate interest, cf. article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR.
When you accept exhibitors scanning your badge, you allow the exhibitor in question to gain access to your personal data stored by Universal Robots. The exhibitor is a data controller with regards to the further processing of your personal data by the exhibitor, and Universal Robots is not responsible for such further processing activities.
Universal Robots stores the personal data on the Event Badge for up to  years after you last participation in a Universal Robots event, unless you object to our processing of your personal data or request for the personal data to be deleted prior to this date as described above.
Prior to an event, Universal Robots has ensured that all exhibitors from countries outside the EU/EEA who are part of the [Universal Robots Event Badge] service, has an adequate level of data protection or have documented other appropriate safeguards.
Version 1.2, November 2019