Global Director Applications Management, Boston, US
Do you thrive by developing and growing sales through applications? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing, successful and market-leading robotics company, where you will be shaping the future development of the company? Then you might be our new Global Director, Applications Management!
Reporting to our Vice President of Product & Applications Management, the new Global Director for Applications will be responsible for development and implementation of the strategic plan for UR solutions and applications. The Global Director of Applications Management will own the strategy. He/she will maintain close relationship with the market (customers, distributors and integrators) for awareness of market needs. This includes identification of appropriate application and market segments and development of effective application strategies and tactics for reaching them.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Define, own and gain alignment on UR’s applications management strategy
- Discover and validate market challenges (both existing and future customers)
- Gather customer requirements
- Seek new ways of enabling customer applications by leveraging the company’s distinctive competence
- Define and size application segments
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to spec out new products and innovative application solutions
- Validate new products and applications
- Conduct win/loss analysis on specific applications
- Determine the optimum distribution strategy for applications
- Provide oversight of strategy, technical, and marketing aspects of all applications in the portfolio
- Analyze application profitability and sales success
- Create and maintain the business plan for applications including pricing
- Determine buy/build/partner decisions
- Position applications for all markets and all buyer types
- Work with Marketing Communications to create collateral for new product introductions, training field applications, writing application notes and case studies
- Document the typical buying process
- Approve final marketing and go-to-market plans
A strong background working strategically with Applications
We imagine that you have:
- A minimum of ten years of international B2B applications experience including in-depth understanding of automation or other complex hardware application
- Global experience
- Documented experience in solution development and implementation through distributors and system integrators
- The ability to contribute from day one based on previous experience, and to further grow within the job
The right person for the job
It calls for a self-motivating person with analytical skills and a dedication to success. In addition, personal robustness and perseverance are important personal characteristics.
The right candidate is an excellent communicator and cooperates smoothly across all levels and cultures of the organization, internally as well as externally. Understanding of cultural diversity, empathy and tolerance are necessary personal qualifications in order to be successful in the position. In addition, important traits are:
- Strategic thinker and an executer. Proven use of tools and methods that can get things done
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Credibility, integrity and goal orientation
- Effective communicator, presenter and influencer with outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Structured with strong analytical skills
Join Universal Robots
We are Universal Robots, a diverse group of bright, ambitious people working at the forefront of collaborative robotics. Through our agility, resilience and entrepreneurial approach, we are taking our innovative cobot products into more markets and regions than ever before.
Join us, as a Global Director, Applications Management, and you can too.